Traveling by train is the best way to get to know Italy. Because of the country’s relatively small size, you can easily travel between any two Italian cities in a day, while enjoying some spectacular scenery.
The Eurail Italy Pass concept allows you unlimited travel in a 24-hour period, regardless of distance covered or number of trains taken. It’s a great way to save money while enjoying unparalleled flexibility planning your vacation.
The Eurail Italy Pass offers you:
- Unlimited rail travel in Italy for 3, 4, 5 or 8 days, within a one-month period
- Discounted fares for passengers under 26 years of age (see youth), when traveling in second class; in some cases, young children travel for free if their parent has purchased a Eurail Italy Pass
- A Saver pass that allows groups of two to five people traveling together to save up to 15% on the regular price
- Special passholder fares for reservations on high speed trains
- Other bonuses, such as free or reduced transportation on some private railroads, national or international ferry crossings and buses, as well as discounts on hotel, automobile rentals, museums, and other attractions
Eurail Italy Passes are only valid on the Trenitalia network. This rail line covers 10,000 miles, including 600 miles of high-speed tracks that connect cities and towns in Italy and throughout Europe.
A Eurail Italy Pass will allow you to travel between Italy’s great cities at your leisure. For example, if you’re planning a three-week stay in Italy, you can purchase a month-long Eurail Italy Pass with five days of travel. This will allow you to touch down in Rome, visit up to four other cities, and ride back to Rome in time for your flight home. All for the price of one pass!